Civil Engineering/Vetting of Bridge design

Good day,
Please, as a structural engineer, what are the critical things to check out for when you are given a bridge design to vet or check.

Secondly, what are the conditions for selecting reinforcement for a bride beam. in other words is it advisable to use Y32 instead of Y25.

Dear Idahor

I check the geometry, loading according to categuory of the road and the code of practice in use, Earthquake and shaking analysis results, Influence line analysis results, Main girder moment distribution, secondary beams , the deck integrity and analysis results, the abutment and foundation, the details concerning the assumptions like hinge and so on.

Civil Engineering

Babak Esmailzadeh Hakimi

I can answer questions in Structural Engineering, Earthquake Engineering, Project Management and Project Control topics!

I am experienced in the area of earthquake engineering in electrical power industry, i.e. Lifeline Earthquake Engineering. My focus has been on structural seismic design of power installations. Recently I have got involved in project management in the category of constructional engineering.

Sinam Consulting Engineers Co.

Bs degree in Civil Engineering from Ferdowsi University ,1988, Mashhad Iran, Ms degree in Earthquake Engineering, Sharif University of Technology, 1993, Tehran, Iran