Civil Engineering/Vetting of Bridge design

Question
Good day,
Please, as a structural engineer, what are the critical things to check out for when you are given a bridge design to vet or check.

Secondly, what are the conditions for selecting reinforcement for a bride beam. in other words is it advisable to use Y32 instead of Y25.

Answer
Dear Idahor

I check the geometry, loading according to categuory of the road and the code of practice in use, Earthquake and shaking analysis results, Influence line analysis results, Main girder moment distribution, secondary beams , the deck integrity and analysis results, the abutment and foundation, the details concerning the assumptions like hinge and so on.

Regards
BEH

Civil Engineering

Babak Esmailzadeh Hakimi