Civil Engineering/anti crack rebars in pile cap

Sir ,
can you briefly explain how are the anti crack rebar provided in a pile cap. as we know that pile cap will have top and bottom bars along both directions and also face bars provided parallel to side faces, then can you indicate with a sketch or demonstrate where anti crack bars are provided with a detail and also clarify whether these bars are lapped with face bars or main bars? also illustrate what is the use of providing anti crack bars?

Dear Arsalan

Anti crack reinforcement is a minimum reinforcement in a section which is not needed to consider separetely if you provided a calculated amount. Then I dont think that if you have a minimum in each way you dont need to provide it .

Civil Engineering

Babak Esmailzadeh Hakimi

I can answer questions in Structural Engineering, Earthquake Engineering, Project Management and Project Control topics!

I am experienced in the area of earthquake engineering in electrical power industry, i.e. Lifeline Earthquake Engineering. My focus has been on structural seismic design of power installations. Recently I have got involved in project management in the category of constructional engineering.

Sinam Consulting Engineers Co.

Bs degree in Civil Engineering from Ferdowsi University ,1988, Mashhad Iran, Ms degree in Earthquake Engineering, Sharif University of Technology, 1993, Tehran, Iran