Civil Engineering/Beam design

Question
Dear Sir/Madam,
I hope you are fine and healthy,
Question: if a reinforced beam is supported on columns to both side and laying on brick wall (the beam is fully supported with columns and brick wall),
Please tell me about the design method, how much support will the wall give to the beam?

Answer
Dear Bismillah

If the wall is used as formwork for the RC beam , you can assume the load is being transferred to the wall and you can have a minimum reinforcement according to the code ( say 0.0025A ( A = beam area section) ) . Otherwise i.e. if  The wall is constructed after beam casting you dont have to assume the wall as a load bearing wall and the total load must be supported by the beam as a flexural member.

Regards
BEH

Civil Engineering

Babak Esmailzadeh Hakimi