Civil Engineering/civil Eng vs geology

Question
dear sir ,
         what is the relation Between Engineering geology ,Civil engineering and Geo-technical engineering.

regar;
waqar

Answer
Dear Waqar

The engineering geology give the civil engineer a description of general situation of the earth structure concerning the history of geomorphology and geo techtonic. A civil engineer knows from geological surveys that the faults and layers of the earth how can be affect the project aspects.

The geotechnical engineering gives the civil engineer the quantified parameters from which he can build the buildings or road without being anxious about the stability of them. Then geotechnical engineering is a quantification discipline for the soil strength  and is the last stage og geological discipline.

Regards
beh

Civil Engineering

Babak Esmailzadeh Hakimi