Civil Engineering/etabs mass source

good day sir i would like to ask what is the best mass source of etabs i am not sure if i will use the default or should i add 100 percent of live load? thank you very much sir

Dear Jan

The mass source is by default the gravity dead loads which must be identified. For live loads you must identify a set of loadings not contributed in loading but having effect on the mass by dead load mechanism. Otherwise you can identify the mass of each floor separatly as dead and live included.

Civil Engineering

Babak Esmailzadeh Hakimi

I can answer questions in Structural Engineering, Earthquake Engineering, Project Management and Project Control topics!

I am experienced in the area of earthquake engineering in electrical power industry, i.e. Lifeline Earthquake Engineering. My focus has been on structural seismic design of power installations. Recently I have got involved in project management in the category of constructional engineering.

Sinam Consulting Engineers Co.

Bs degree in Civil Engineering from Ferdowsi University ,1988, Mashhad Iran, Ms degree in Earthquake Engineering, Sharif University of Technology, 1993, Tehran, Iran