Civil Engineering/foundation quality for further construction

Question
Hello Sir,

We are planning to buy a built house with two floors which is of eight years old. I am planning to construct one more floor on the existing structure. Builder does not have the original design of the building on foundation etc. he says that It is column beam construction with mat footing foundation.

I just wanted to get your suggestion how can I verify that that the  foundation is in good condition by inspecting the general condition of the building to further decide on the construction.

best regards,
Mamatha

Answer
Dear Mamatha

To find wether a building is ok for further construction need documents and investigations and otherwise you may work on a very unreliable foundation. I suggest you to unveil the foundation to check the very situation for your first move.

Regards
BEH

Civil Engineering

Babak Esmailzadeh Hakimi