Civil Engineering/question about steel connection

Question
steel connection
steel connection  
Hello eng. Hakimi

please , i have attached a picture for two same problem for bracket connection , i do not have big experience in steel and i need to know what is that thing ( in red circle ) ?? i have to know what it is and imagine how it connects with members to be able to solve it .

thanks

Answer
Dear Hassan

I consider 2 options for this shaft.

1- It is not a load bearing designed member. Then you dont need to consider it in your calculations. It is for mounting purposes.

2- It can be designed to reduce the shear applied to the bolts and then the bolts can be designed essentially to carry the overall moment.

Regards
beh

Civil Engineering

Babak Esmailzadeh Hakimi