Civil Engineering/Retrofitting

Dear sir,
1.Is it compulsory to do pushover analysis (or any non linear analysis) for retrofitting design procedure.
2. I could not find any guideline and design procedure for the design of shear stirrups and anchorage bar in column and beam. Could you please guide me.
3.If we happen to put some portion of raft (say 6mx5m ) at filling portion what should we do to make the filling area stable ? or is it impossible to do that.

Thanking you

Dear Niranjan

1- No it is not , if you show that the structure matches with local seismic provisions.
2- You can find them in textbooks of RC design.
3- To fill an opening yo may use several methods, it is related to the structure. This is an engineering process to design it.

Civil Engineering

Babak Esmailzadeh Hakimi

I can answer questions in Structural Engineering, Earthquake Engineering, Project Management and Project Control topics!

I am experienced in the area of earthquake engineering in electrical power industry, i.e. Lifeline Earthquake Engineering. My focus has been on structural seismic design of power installations. Recently I have got involved in project management in the category of constructional engineering.

Sinam Consulting Engineers Co.

Bs degree in Civil Engineering from Ferdowsi University ,1988, Mashhad Iran, Ms degree in Earthquake Engineering, Sharif University of Technology, 1993, Tehran, Iran