Civil Engineering/Retrofitting

Question
Dear sir,
1.Is it compulsory to do pushover analysis (or any non linear analysis) for retrofitting design procedure.
2. I could not find any guideline and design procedure for the design of shear stirrups and anchorage bar in column and beam. Could you please guide me.
3.If we happen to put some portion of raft (say 6mx5m ) at filling portion what should we do to make the filling area stable ? or is it impossible to do that.

Thanking you

Answer
Dear Niranjan

1- No it is not , if you show that the structure matches with local seismic provisions.
2- You can find them in textbooks of RC design.
3- To fill an opening yo may use several methods, it is related to the structure. This is an engineering process to design it.

Regards
BEH

Civil Engineering

Babak Esmailzadeh Hakimi