Civil Engineering/soil mechanics

How to find the bearing capacity of soil using hand tools only for shallow foundation without boring?

Dear Sujan

You need a loading device with a metering gauge and a gauge to measure the deformation due to increasing loading. You also need a plate with definite area to load on.  The trace of loading versus deformation will help you to find the ultimate strength of the soil. A safety factor of 3 to 5 will give you the aloowable load. You need to repeat the test in several points on the site to get a more reliable result

Civil Engineering

Babak Esmailzadeh Hakimi

I can answer questions in Structural Engineering, Earthquake Engineering, Project Management and Project Control topics!

I am experienced in the area of earthquake engineering in electrical power industry, i.e. Lifeline Earthquake Engineering. My focus has been on structural seismic design of power installations. Recently I have got involved in project management in the category of constructional engineering.

Sinam Consulting Engineers Co.

Bs degree in Civil Engineering from Ferdowsi University ,1988, Mashhad Iran, Ms degree in Earthquake Engineering, Sharif University of Technology, 1993, Tehran, Iran