Civil Engineering/soil mechanics

Question
How to find the bearing capacity of soil using hand tools only for shallow foundation without boring?

Answer
Dear Sujan

You need a loading device with a metering gauge and a gauge to measure the deformation due to increasing loading. You also need a plate with definite area to load on.  The trace of loading versus deformation will help you to find the ultimate strength of the soil. A safety factor of 3 to 5 will give you the aloowable load. You need to repeat the test in several points on the site to get a more reliable result

Regards
BEH

Civil Engineering

Babak Esmailzadeh Hakimi