Civil Engineering/planted column in etabs release moment

Question
dear sir:
kindly when i modeling planted column on flat slab in etab program this produce huge moment make reinforcement too much and size of column bigger  is there possibility to make release major and minor moment condition and column work as hinged support, if yes is there any supported documents for this solution

thank you

Answer
Dear mustafa

In bridges it is common to use Neoprene bearing pad to make a hinge like support of deck on abutment. Then you can use the concept also in buiding provided that you design properly the neoprene bearing pad or if you dont want it design a good detail to prevent the corner concrete to crash contacting together. The basic concept is making sure that no reinforcent is crossing the girders and beam from lower column to upper.

Regards
BEH

Civil Engineering

Babak Esmailzadeh Hakimi