Civil Engineering/planted column in etabs release moment

dear sir:
kindly when i modeling planted column on flat slab in etab program this produce huge moment make reinforcement too much and size of column bigger  is there possibility to make release major and minor moment condition and column work as hinged support, if yes is there any supported documents for this solution

thank you

Dear mustafa

In bridges it is common to use Neoprene bearing pad to make a hinge like support of deck on abutment. Then you can use the concept also in buiding provided that you design properly the neoprene bearing pad or if you dont want it design a good detail to prevent the corner concrete to crash contacting together. The basic concept is making sure that no reinforcent is crossing the girders and beam from lower column to upper.

Civil Engineering

Babak Esmailzadeh Hakimi

I can answer questions in Structural Engineering, Earthquake Engineering, Project Management and Project Control topics!

I am experienced in the area of earthquake engineering in electrical power industry, i.e. Lifeline Earthquake Engineering. My focus has been on structural seismic design of power installations. Recently I have got involved in project management in the category of constructional engineering.

Sinam Consulting Engineers Co.

Bs degree in Civil Engineering from Ferdowsi University ,1988, Mashhad Iran, Ms degree in Earthquake Engineering, Sharif University of Technology, 1993, Tehran, Iran