Civil Engineering/etabs warning

Question
QUESTION: Dear Sir,
In my analysis of a 3B+9+roof building ,I have got warning like as follows, How I can clear this commands

NUMBER OF STIFFNESS DEGREES OF FREEDOM    =      119603
NUMBER OF MASS DEGREES OF FREEDOM         =       59208
NUMBER OF RITZ MODES SOUGHT          =          25
NUMBER OF STARTING VECTORS          =          3
VECTOR BLOCK SIZE          =          3
FREQUENCY SHIFT (CENTER) (CYC/TIME)       =     .000000

* * * W A R N I N G * * *
THE STURM-SEQUENCE CHECK FOUND     286 EIGENVALUE(S) BELOW THE SHIFT,
RITZ ANALYSIS REQUIRES ALL EIGENVALUES TO BE ABOVE THE SHIFT

* * * W A R N I N G * * *
NO EIGEN OR RITZ MODES WERE FOUND,
NO RESPONSE-SPECTRUM OR TIME-HISTORY ANALYSES CAN BE PERFORMED

Thanks & Regards,

ANSWER: Hi Ravi,

You must have some discontinuity or other problems. Do a static self weight deformation check, increase the scale and then animate to see if some members are deflecting excessively.

QUESTION: Hi Sir
Good Day
How I can do a static self weight deformation check? appreciate for your guidance..

Answer
Hi Ravi,

Basically do just a static analysis without dynamic parameters and check the deformed shapes. You can also try to do a Standard Solver instead of Advanced Solver under Analyse>Advanced SAPfire Options, as this will output more details of problems with your model (check Last Analysis Run Log).

Civil Engineering

Arshad Khan