Civil Engineering/Foundation on filling.

Question
Dear sir,
I am constructing a seven storyed building with raft foundation in hilly area.The area of building extends after reaching first floor in both left and right wing.Due to the site condition during the construction of ground floor, excessive excavation occurs and now to maintain the level of building at right and left wing, the foundation of extended portion will lie on the filling portion.Is it possible to construct the raft foundation on the filling? If yes what type of material should be used and what is procedure for filling work so that the bearing capacity and settlement can be limited in allowable limit.
Thanking you!

Answer
Dear Niranjan

Fillings under foundation shall be devellopped according to  standards like Aashto. The general procedure is:

1- to test the filliing material to find the optimum water content of the material
2- to pour the optimum amount of water on wet material
3- pour and compact the subbase in layers of 15 cm thickness.

Regards
BEH

Civil Engineering

Babak Esmailzadeh Hakimi