Civil Engineering/Bending moment

Bending moment diagram
Bending moment diagram  
Salam sir, I have done analysis of 2d frame in sap2000 but i got Bending moment greater for top column than bottom column and it will be very difficult to provide greater reinforcements in column above below on e which has low area of steel.where i am committing mistake.plz guide me
the load combination is 1.2DL+1.6LL

Dear Slaeem

For gravity loading, the end moment of beams must get balanced with column moments. Each beam moment in lower stories are balanced  with 2 column sections while the moment of top stories should be tolerated with a single column section. Then it is not a mistake to get greater moments in top columns.

Civil Engineering

Babak Esmailzadeh Hakimi

I can answer questions in Structural Engineering, Earthquake Engineering, Project Management and Project Control topics!

I am experienced in the area of earthquake engineering in electrical power industry, i.e. Lifeline Earthquake Engineering. My focus has been on structural seismic design of power installations. Recently I have got involved in project management in the category of constructional engineering.

Sinam Consulting Engineers Co.

Bs degree in Civil Engineering from Ferdowsi University ,1988, Mashhad Iran, Ms degree in Earthquake Engineering, Sharif University of Technology, 1993, Tehran, Iran