Civil Engineering/cyclic load?

Dear Esmailzade
What is the Cyclic load ? can we say that the wind load in tall building is cyclic loading?

Dear Behzad

Cyclic load is a repeating load with nearly equal return periods. The  return period must be small compared to the first natural period of vivration of the structure. Every loading can be modelled as a composition of series of cyclic loadings as per fourier series theory or even fourier transform. For the wind I can say that it is a dynamic loading with a cyclic nature but the cyclic nature of the wind loading must be treated as a composition of a range of cyclic loadings. For simplicity and for testing purpose it can be regarded as cyclic according to the dominant period of blowing or winding.

Civil Engineering

Babak Esmailzadeh Hakimi

I can answer questions in Structural Engineering, Earthquake Engineering, Project Management and Project Control topics!

I am experienced in the area of earthquake engineering in electrical power industry, i.e. Lifeline Earthquake Engineering. My focus has been on structural seismic design of power installations. Recently I have got involved in project management in the category of constructional engineering.

Sinam Consulting Engineers Co.

Bs degree in Civil Engineering from Ferdowsi University ,1988, Mashhad Iran, Ms degree in Earthquake Engineering, Sharif University of Technology, 1993, Tehran, Iran