Civil Engineering/construction joint

Question
raft section
raft section  
QUESTION: "dear sir,
kindly advising me any construction joint location  more better in the attached stepped raft drawing from your engineering point of view, ( the assumed one or the other purposed and please tell me the reason
regads."

joint
joint  
ANSWER: Dear Zyad

Tak a look at picture enclosed. Take note that the red line is a suggested location for concreting joint and not a joint for bar installations . So the bars must be continuous at the joint.

Regards
BEH

QUESTION: DEAR sir,
first ,i want to thank you for your positive efforts to increase our engineering knowledge.then in the above case i ask the choice may be the horizontal one better which contains large steel area and satisfied for concrete joint.
thanks alot

Answer
Dear Zyad

As I stated before the constructional joint is not a stress free interface. It is where you stop to concrete and then continue it after hardening of concrete. Then your proposal can be followed as well and I think it could be better than mine but I guess mine is easier to pursuie.

Regards
beh

Civil Engineering

Babak Esmailzadeh Hakimi