Civil Engineering/msc thesis assistance(

Question
Sir,The topic of my Thesis is design and analysis of slender columns including p delta effect in building frames.which approach is the best to tackle this topic because i have written a program with matlab for 8 storey building which gives me moments but my supervisor asked me to verify my answers with manual calculation which am finding difficult because of the ambiguous values outcome.please what do you think i should do.or can you pls tell me method to adopt to complete this project on time sir?thanks.

Answer
Dear funmii

I guess the best way to check your solution is to assume a set of springs on each end of the column the stiffness of which should be calculated according to girders and upper or lower columns. Then you should derive the differenetial equations of stability which is reduced in this way to a lower degree of freedom system.

Regards
BEH

Civil Engineering

Babak Esmailzadeh Hakimi