Civil Engineering/flat slab

Question
QUESTION: dear sir,
kindly be asked about the attached plan of aflat slab with large span more than 14.00 meter from the far side , please how can i put system to carry this flat slab by shown edge column if loads are corresponding for hotels
and it is forbbiden to increas any other column , these column have 8.00 m height to reach slab without any middle beams
it is permitted to make drops in the flat slab if its thickness less than
60 cm.
thank you indeed

ANSWER: Dear Zyad

For 14 m you can use a 60 cm of thickness 2 way slab for a hotel purpose.

Regards
BEH

flat slab
flat slab  
QUESTION: Dear BEH,
thank you sir for your rich information, i attached this case as a photo ,
how can i but system for this flat slab to avoid 60 cm flat slab thickness especially this thickness will be for all area .please recommend me with another solution.
thanks
zyad

Answer
Dear Zyad

Depth of a slab or girder is related to the allowable deflection and also to its class of vibration. Then you should check out the restrictions of your local codes and also the client tolerence to accept a level of serviceabilty. After all what are you looking for? what is your desired depth of the slab?

Regards
BEH

Civil Engineering

Babak Esmailzadeh Hakimi