Civil Engineering/Negative stiffness

Question
Dear Sir,
Good Day:
In my model analysis(G+P+9+R) there is showing negative stiffness as well as there is no modal output in the display table for the analysis result.Is any problem if I continue with this model for the design or if I need to correct it how can be get it done? Thanks so much.Regards.

Answer
Hi Ravi,

No, you should correct the problems before proceeding. Display the deformed shape in 3-D (with large scale), then animate and look carefully where there are nodes or elements that are vibrating by large amplitudes. Then home in to these and sort out any connectivity issues, etc.

Also check your supports assignments.

Civil Engineering

Arshad Khan