Civil Engineering/Omega factor in Transfer beam

Question
QUESTION: Dear Sir,
Good Day
How can I consider an omega factor for the Transfer beam in my G+P+9+R Building ,Do I need to make seperate etabs model for the transfer beams as well as  for the other structural members.Appreciate for your advice.

ANSWER: Hi Ravi,

Can you not have a unique property for the transfer beams and assign omega factors accordingly? Or am I not understanding the question?

QUESTION: Hi Sir,
May I know generally Is it feasible to provide a transfer beam of size 500x1000 for a G+P+9+R .The transfer beam location is on the Podium roof floor and hence eight floors are above of it.Regards,

Answer
Hi Ravi,

Yes, that is quite feasible- the size will be determined by shear and moment forces and reasonable density of rebar. It is better to have this as ordinary RC instead of post-tensioned, as the latter leads to problems with staged stressing requirements.

Civil Engineering

Arshad Khan