Civil Engineering/etabs storey drift

Question
QXN
QXN  
QYN
QYN  
QUESTION: Dear Sir,
Thanks so much for your earlier advice.While doing analysis for my G+10+R ,I am getting the max storey drift in the 'show storey response plot'as the picture attached And showing some unusual values .Can I go ahead with this model? however my all member design is satisfactory.Appreciate for your valuable advice.what I can do in this case if need to be done any rectification.  Thanks.

ANSWER: Hi Ravi,

Yes, it seems like you have a soft story around 3rd or 4th level, but so long as the maximum values are below the codified limits you should be OK.

QUESTION: Sir,Thanks so much.The case is I'm getting drift like 1.24E+10 in the 3rd and 4th storeys and 6.21E+09 in the above storeys as well.Is this  very unusual for a G+10+R building..how can I make it to a permissible limit...Appreciate for your valuable advice...Thanks

Answer
Hi Ravi,

I could not view your images very well, but there must be a misunderstanding as inter-story drifts are unitless and are just fractions Def/h, so they should be less than 1.00

In any case without interrogating your model (or viewing plans/sections) I cannot advise any further about how to make it stiffer.

Civil Engineering

Arshad Khan