Civil Engineering/Mechanics of solids

QUESTION: sir, if i stand in the floor my load is consider as a point load or udl load?

ANSWER: Dear Sajeet

In the case you are standing or an equipment is installed on a single pier on a floor then you can consider the load as concentrated load but for the case of design there is no eveidence of the people load being concentrated on a loacation. Live load is very usually considered as distributed .

QUESTION: sir, how we can easily identify the crack types like shear , structural &non structural cracks?

Dear Sajeeth

All tracks are due to tension, either pure tension or shear based tension then all cracks are like eachother but somothing different in various stress based cracks is the angle of cracking which is governed by state of stress in the element. Be specific in your question to help me to give you more precise responses.

Civil Engineering

Babak Esmailzadeh Hakimi

I can answer questions in Structural Engineering, Earthquake Engineering, Project Management and Project Control topics!

I am experienced in the area of earthquake engineering in electrical power industry, i.e. Lifeline Earthquake Engineering. My focus has been on structural seismic design of power installations. Recently I have got involved in project management in the category of constructional engineering.

Sinam Consulting Engineers Co.

Bs degree in Civil Engineering from Ferdowsi University ,1988, Mashhad Iran, Ms degree in Earthquake Engineering, Sharif University of Technology, 1993, Tehran, Iran