Civil Engineering/test piles

Hi..! I'm having problem with piling works currently and i need expeert help. we are currently furnishing prestressed concrete piles
and there is this test pile part. Basically, what is the method or rationale behind testing piles? How do you perform it? The test pile has the same dimensions as regular piles but has longer length : reg. piles 10m, test piles, 12 m. I've spent so much time looking in the net for the methodology behind it and the computation, when necessary, but to no avail. glad if you could help, or if you have files related thereto. thanks

Dear Nords

I havent had experineces in this field. I cant imagine why you practice the prestressing in piles because I suppose a symmetric behaviour and model for a pile which cant have something to do with prestessing. I need more details to get familiar with.

Civil Engineering

Babak Esmailzadeh Hakimi

I can answer questions in Structural Engineering, Earthquake Engineering, Project Management and Project Control topics!

I am experienced in the area of earthquake engineering in electrical power industry, i.e. Lifeline Earthquake Engineering. My focus has been on structural seismic design of power installations. Recently I have got involved in project management in the category of constructional engineering.

Sinam Consulting Engineers Co.

Bs degree in Civil Engineering from Ferdowsi University ,1988, Mashhad Iran, Ms degree in Earthquake Engineering, Sharif University of Technology, 1993, Tehran, Iran