Civil Engineering/Euro Code Definitions

Question
table from Eurocode 2
table from Eurocode 2  
I want to ask you to help me know what's:
a) permanent actions
b) leading variable actions
c) accompanying variable actions
each one of this divides into favourable and nonfavourable, so what's
d) favourables
e) nonfavourables

I'm new in eurocode system. I previously studied IS Code system.

wishing your respond thanks
From Hargeisa, Somalia

Answer
Hi Abdikarim,

Permanent loads are those that are always there- such as self weight and super imposed dead load (finishes), M&E installations, facades, (Gk) etc. Maybe also some proportion of the live load (e.g. furniture or books in library,etc)

Variable loads are imposed gravity (live, Qk)  and lateral loads (wind, seismic, waves, etc)

For partial safety factors, say you are considering a span in a continuous beam, then favourable would be if all spans were equally loaded and unfavourable would be for a span that is fully loaded but adjacent spans on both sides have only minimum self weight (say with factor 0.9) and no live load.

Or another example, if you are look at global overturning moments (stability) for a tall building, favourable would be with maximum Gk and Qk and minimum lateral load. Unfavourable would be with 0.9Gk only and maximum factor for wind or seismic loads  

Civil Engineering

Arshad Khan