Clarinet/Value of LeBlanc Clarinet

TommyBoy52 wrote at 2014-08-03 05:42:14
When I was in high school in the late 1960s, I purchased a LeBlanc Dynamic H Pete Fountain silver key articulated c#, serial number 23900, for $500.  At the time I was told it was one of 250 silver keyed built in 1968.  There were also 250 gold key Pete Fountains made that year.  I have been trying to find out the current value of the horn for insurance purposes.  I am the one and only owner and it has never been worked on.  The pads are in excellent shape and I have the original mouthpiece. It is an unbelievable instrument with full rich sound and little effort to play it.  I have no idea what it is really worth but I've been offered over $5,000 for it due to its condition and originality.  It is a prized possession and one with many fond memories of high school and college attached to it.  

jack wiard

my 'area of expertise' is traditional jazz...i have had classical training...i am from san francisco,came to australia in 1971 to teach h.s. music...resigned to play full time music in 1975 [to present]

i have played with the graeme bell allstars [25 yrs] ray price quintet [5 yrs], led own groups [20 yrs]..played in all the major australian jazz festivals, played 2 yrs with local symphony most recorded jazz clarinetist in oz [39 recordings]..can be heard on you tube

on committee of clarinet soc. of n.s.w for 7 yrs...[now defunct]

a.a. degree,b.mus degree, secondary teaching credential