Clarinet/Lafayette Clarinets

Don wrote at 2013-03-15 14:48:30
Lisa:  I also recently purchased a Lafayette-Paris clarinet from an eBay auction.  The seller claimed it was wood, but I knew it wasn't.  I recently completed a full restoration of it (re-electroplated the key works and mounting posts, new pads and corks, a new mouthpiece and case) and, for a student instrument, it is extremely easy to blow and produce accurate notes.  It's been set aside, to be given to a new 5th grader, for the 2013-2014 school year, who is interested in learning clarinet and whose parents can't afford to purchase an instrument.  As mentioned before, it's not a top-of-the-line instrument, but it makes a good quality beginner's horn and I certainly wouldn't mind finding a couple more of them if they become available.

jack wiard

my 'area of expertise' is traditional jazz...i have had classical training...i am from san francisco,came to australia in 1971 to teach h.s. music...resigned to play full time music in 1975 [to present]

i have played with the graeme bell allstars [25 yrs] ray price quintet [5 yrs], led own groups [20 yrs]..played in all the major australian jazz festivals, played 2 yrs with local symphony most recorded jazz clarinetist in oz [39 recordings]..can be heard on you tube

on committee of clarinet soc. of n.s.w for 7 yrs...[now defunct]

a.a. degree,b.mus degree, secondary teaching credential