Clarinet/Selmer BT Vintage Clarinet Serial #L7177

Question
My daughter is an Instrumental music student and we are looking to update her clarinet for Christmas.  We have the opportunity to purchase the clarinet in subject. We would like to know if this is a good choice or if a newer model would be better?  
Thank you,
Linda

Answer
Hi Linda,

It depends on the overall sound (no impossibly stuffy notes, c# is the likeliest culprit)  the intonation, and the price. If the 12ths play close to in tune and there are not any notes that play particularly out of tune- very flat notes are the worst - then the clarinet might be worth considering for the right price. To know the right price, do a google search of the instrument to determine what it generally sells for used.  Have your daughter or a trusted clarinetist spend some quality time with the clarinet and a tuner before making your decision!

Good luck,

Rebecca

Clarinet

Rebecca