Clarinet/Noblet Bb clarinet Serial #9164

Hello Jack:
My parents bought me this Clarinet (Noblet #9164) new in 1953. Could you please give me idea of its value?y granddaughter is going to use it next and I would appreciate knowing its value!

Thank you

Hello Marilyn,
You did not specify if your clarinet is made of wood [small wood grain can be seen] or plastic...In any case, except for the NOBLET 45, these clarinets are student level instruments...Yours is from 1953 so if plastic and in good condition, Ebay would bring you $100-200...If wood and in good condition $200-250. The clarinet is a student level 60 year old instrument......Cheers   JACK

jack wiard

my 'area of expertise' is traditional jazz...i have had classical training...i am from san francisco,came to australia in 1971 to teach h.s. music...resigned to play full time music in 1975 [to present]

i have played with the graeme bell allstars [25 yrs] ray price quintet [5 yrs], led own groups [20 yrs]..played in all the major australian jazz festivals, played 2 yrs with local symphony most recorded jazz clarinetist in oz [39 recordings]..can be heard on you tube

on committee of clarinet soc. of n.s.w for 7 yrs...[now defunct]

a.a. degree,b.mus degree, secondary teaching credential