Clarinet/What is value of Conn Clarinet

petersax wrote at 2013-06-10 13:37:36
Actually, the fact that they are no longer made RAISES their value - these clarinets are now collector's items. The Large bore makes them popular among Jazz and Klezmer players. I would value it at $300 - $400, depending on the condition.

Ken Shaw

I can answer questions about the clarinet and its music, history, teachers and recordings. I can also answer questions about the recorder.

I have played clarinet for 56 years, performing classical orchestral and chamber music. I own and have read nearly every book in English on the clarinet. I participate very actively on the Klarinet mailing list and the Clarinet bulletin board, posting well around 5000 messages that are very well respected. I own over 1,000 clarinet LPs and CDs. I also play the reorder at a professional level, have participated in numerous workshoos and master classes and am very active on the Yahoo and Ning recorder boards.

I studied English and music at Oberlin College and have a B.A. from the University of Tennessee. I'm also a lawyer. I was a member of the West Point Band and studied with Jay Craven, Keith Stein, Sidney Forrest, Bernard Portnoy, George Waln, Tommy Thompson and Kalmen Opperman.