Clarinet/Buffet Clarinet

Please can you help me? I've just acquired a Buffet clarinet with the serial number 537641.  It seems to play nicely but I'm unsure of which model it is or how old it is.

Many thanks in anticipation.

ANSWER: Hello Doug,
tThe Buffet list I am looking at shows  clarinet serial numbers between 530,000 to 540,000   [YOURS IS 537,641] was manufactured between 2005 and 2006 and is most likely the R-13 model...Cheers   JACK

Thanks for your help thus far. Looking more closely B12 is stamped just above the top pad of the left hand upper section. So I'm confused/ is it a R-13 or a B12? serial# 537641
Kind regards

Hello again Doug,
If you go to a great website called ', you will see BUFFET serial number lists, including Buffet...There, you can see how I came up with the year for your clarinet...The R-13 is one of those clarinets that does not have R-13 stamped on it...AS you did not indicate a   B-12 was on the instrument, I assumed it was  an R-123 model....AS to the B-12 MODEL, it is regarded as a good quality student level instrument...If you put Buffet B-12 into your searce bar, prices will come up , varying between $600-850., depending on where you buy it.....Cheers   JACK

jack wiard

my 'area of expertise' is traditional jazz...i have had classical training...i am from san francisco,came to australia in 1971 to teach h.s. music...resigned to play full time music in 1975 [to present]

i have played with the graeme bell allstars [25 yrs] ray price quintet [5 yrs], led own groups [20 yrs]..played in all the major australian jazz festivals, played 2 yrs with local symphony most recorded jazz clarinetist in oz [39 recordings]..can be heard on you tube

on committee of clarinet soc. of n.s.w for 7 yrs...[now defunct]

a.a. degree,b.mus degree, secondary teaching credential