Clarinet/Buffet Clarinet

Question
QUESTION: Hello,
Please can you help me? I've just acquired a Buffet clarinet with the serial number 537641.  It seems to play nicely but I'm unsure of which model it is or how old it is.

Many thanks in anticipation.
Doug

ANSWER: Hello Doug,
tThe Buffet list I am looking at shows  clarinet serial numbers between 530,000 to 540,000   [YOURS IS 537,641] was manufactured between 2005 and 2006 and is most likely the R-13 model...Cheers   JACK

QUESTION: Hi Jack,
Thanks for your help thus far. Looking more closely B12 is stamped just above the top pad of the left hand upper section. So I'm confused/ is it a R-13 or a B12? serial# 537641
Kind regards
Doug.

Answer
Hello again Doug,
If you go to a great website called 'ClarinetPerfection.com, you will see BUFFET serial number lists, including Buffet...There, you can see how I came up with the year for your clarinet...The R-13 is one of those clarinets that does not have R-13 stamped on it...AS you did not indicate a   B-12 was on the instrument, I assumed it was  an R-123 model....AS to the B-12 MODEL, it is regarded as a good quality student level instrument...If you put Buffet B-12 into your searce bar, prices will come up , varying between $600-850., depending on where you buy it.....Cheers   JACK

Clarinet

jack wiard