I have a 1932 Conn selmer model no. 446n. I want to know a lil bit bout it and maybe even a price range of wat I could ask for it. I have search the web up and down and still have no clue about its history.Thanks

Hello Nick,
I can find no serial numbers going back this far...I can tell you that you could expect only  a few hundred dollars at most for  a clarinet this old, even in near perfect condition..Many improvements in clarinet design happened in the 1950s and beyond that this clarinet missed out on.....Cheers   JACK

jack wiard

my 'area of expertise' is traditional jazz...i have had classical training...i am from san francisco,came to australia in 1971 to teach h.s. music...resigned to play full time music in 1975 [to present]

i have played with the graeme bell allstars [25 yrs] ray price quintet [5 yrs], led own groups [20 yrs]..played in all the major australian jazz festivals, played 2 yrs with local symphony most recorded jazz clarinetist in oz [39 recordings]..can be heard on you tube

on committee of clarinet soc. of n.s.w for 7 yrs...[now defunct]

a.a. degree,b.mus degree, secondary teaching credential