QUESTION: Hi:  I have a Bundy/Selmer(Resonite) Clarinet in good shape. The serial number is 549283 - Geo M Bundy Sig and the number 3 on the mouthpiece. I have am curious about the age and value.  (Thanks)

ANSWER: Hello David,
Selmer/Bundy does not seem to publish full lists of serial numbers...The 'latest' numbers on the www.  is 266510  [for years 1993-94] your clarinet would be after that....If you check EBAY, you will see dozens of student level /plastic clarinets [like yours], ranging from $60-250.Your clarinet would fall into this range....Cheers   JACK

QUESTION: Thank you - am I confused re serial # - got it from my buddy who used it in 1968-74........

Hello  again David,
Go to 'clarinet perfection' and follow the prompts to the serial number for clarinets...I believe you when you say you sourced the clarinet  from 1968-74..You can see from the serial numbers that yours  seems to be from the later date  in my answer......Sorry for the confusion....Cheers      jack  

jack wiard

my 'area of expertise' is traditional jazz...i have had classical training...i am from san francisco,came to australia in 1971 to teach h.s. music...resigned to play full time music in 1975 [to present]

i have played with the graeme bell allstars [25 yrs] ray price quintet [5 yrs], led own groups [20 yrs]..played in all the major australian jazz festivals, played 2 yrs with local symphony most recorded jazz clarinetist in oz [39 recordings]..can be heard on you tube

on committee of clarinet soc. of n.s.w for 7 yrs...[now defunct]

a.a. degree,b.mus degree, secondary teaching credential