Clarinet/F.Barbier serial number 124

hello friend'm from Brazil and I have a clarinet F. Barbier serial number 124
please tell me what year of manufacture of this clarinet?
and a good clarinet?
thank you

Hello Reginaldo,,
There is very little on the 'net' regarding F. Barbier clarinets, except that they were 'sponcered' by Selmer..One sold  on EBEY recently for $193. us....There are no serial number lists  of this brand that I can find....You did not indicate if it is wood or plastic....In any case, this clarinet would fall into the 'not well known' catergory and as such, would be intermediate grade at best...If they were wonderful clarinets, there would be  manufacture  ads  and much 'chatter' on the web about them.....The recent EBEY price seems about right....Cheers    JACK

jack wiard

my 'area of expertise' is traditional jazz...i have had classical training...i am from san francisco,came to australia in 1971 to teach h.s. music...resigned to play full time music in 1975 [to present]

i have played with the graeme bell allstars [25 yrs] ray price quintet [5 yrs], led own groups [20 yrs]..played in all the major australian jazz festivals, played 2 yrs with local symphony most recorded jazz clarinetist in oz [39 recordings]..can be heard on you tube

on committee of clarinet soc. of n.s.w for 7 yrs...[now defunct]

a.a. degree,b.mus degree, secondary teaching credential