Clarinet/Value of Buffet Crampon Bb Clarinet

Question
Hello; I have a Buffet Bb Crampon Clarinet with the serial number:44774. It has silver keys and was completey restored about 3 years ago (springs, pads, corck). Could youtell me the approximent value of it? I am interested in selling it. Do you know someone who might be interested in it?

Thank you very much

Answer
Hello Lou,
According to Buffet lists,clarinets with the serial numbers between 43001-45500 were manufactured in 1952....This would be a good clarinet, though it is a   'pre  R-13 model', the top model at the time...If the clarinet has been overhauled a few years ago, it should be worth $500-700.  It is 60 years old but Buffet  holds value a little bit longer than some other makes..A private sale might be the way to go..There is a large amount of clarinets for sale on EBAY....Cheers   JACK

Clarinet

jack wiard