Clarinet/Value of a Clarinet

Question
Good morning!  I am trying to assess the value of a clarinet that was donated to our conservatory.  It is a Buffet Crampon  E11 "Made in Germany" 539549 (serial #?)

Any help you could give is much appreciated.

Answer
Hello Vickie,
Buffet E-11 clarinets are regarded as very good student level clarinets,usually made of wood... New retail prices range from $1200-1400, depending on the retail outlet...On Ebay, you can find these clarinets for $400-900, depending on age and condition....The serial number of this instrument indicates manufacture in 2003 or so, not old for a good student clarinet....As to value, it all depends on condition of the pads,corks,springs, and carry case...If all of these are very good,the value could be up to $700.00, [keeping in mind that it is possible to buy a professional level clarinet in poor condition on Ebay for as little as $350, spend $450 .on a complete overhaul and new case and have  a clarinet worth $1500-2000]...I know, I have done this many times myself....Cheers   JACK

Clarinet

jack wiard