Clarinet/Evette & Schaeffer Buffett clarinet

I have my childhood clarinet serial No. K-10397 and wondered if you could tell me when it was made and the approximate value.  It's in it's original case with all pieces including a small case of extra reeds all original.  Thank you!

Hello Deb,
The 'k' series of clarinets [k5000 to k11000] were made between 1953 and 1961...Yours was at the end of the run so I would 'guestimate' 1960 as  the year for your clarinet...These models were the forerunner to the famous R-13 clarinet by BUFFET so they are pretty good players,at least good intermediate level...If it were in overhauled/new condition with good/near new looking case, one could get up to $700-800. for it...If not in good condition [pads would have issues if the clarinet has been in a closet for years,springs rusty/corks worn]   then you might expect $200-300 on Ebay for this clarinet which could be fine if reconditioned.    Cheers     JACK

jack wiard

my 'area of expertise' is traditional jazz...i have had classical training...i am from san francisco,came to australia in 1971 to teach h.s. music...resigned to play full time music in 1975 [to present]

i have played with the graeme bell allstars [25 yrs] ray price quintet [5 yrs], led own groups [20 yrs]..played in all the major australian jazz festivals, played 2 yrs with local symphony most recorded jazz clarinetist in oz [39 recordings]..can be heard on you tube

on committee of clarinet soc. of n.s.w for 7 yrs...[now defunct]

a.a. degree,b.mus degree, secondary teaching credential