Clarinet/normandy clarinet

Question
Hi,  I just purchased at a pawn shop a wooden clarinet stamped Normandy inside their symbol diagonally and France under the symbol horizontally. It is stamped on all pieces.  There is a number on the back #26396.  Can you please tell me about it.  Year, etc. And its approximate value.  Thank you very much for your time and expertise!

Answer
Hello Lynn,
Normandy clarinets are the student line of instruments from the parent company,LEBLANC...They have different model names,depending on year of production.Your serial number comes from 1964,so your Normandy is most likely a MODEL 6..This is a well regarded student level instrument..When they first came out in 1964, they retailed for $175.00....These days on EBAY, THEY CAN BE FOUND FOR $100-$350,Ddepending on condition...So, if your clarinet comes in a nice [or new] non smelling carry case and is in new condition, it could be worth up to $350.00...Cheers   JACK

Clarinet

jack wiard