Clarinet/old clarinet

Question
QUESTION: Hello,
I have a D NOBLET clarinet number 8884 (ebony) I've been searching on clarinetperfection.com but I can't find the year it was made.
Can you help me, please. I own it since 1970 and when I bought it, it already was an old clarinet.
Can you tell me the price of such a clarinet ?
Thank you.

ANSWER: Hello Michel,
As you found, Noblet does not have complete serial number lists....However, if one looks at the later years and 'average out' the number of clarinets made yearly and work backwards, I 'guestimate' that your clarinet  was manufactured around 1958 0r 1959...As such, that would make it a NOBLET 27 MODEL,a well regarded student level clarinet...If in new [overhauled condition] ,this 60 year old clarinet would fetch $300-500 on EBAY in today's market...Cheers   JACK

QUESTION: Thank you very much for your answer Jack. I just repaired it to play in new orleans jazz style band. I got it when I was 7 years old but it's a long time  I don't play anymore (I'm 48 now). A hard work for me to play again but I really want to play music again. I live at Calvi (on Corsica island). If you come there one day, let me know.

Answer
Hello Michel,
Thank you for your reply..I am a world traveller but have not been to Corseca...If you want to get back into playing, private lessons might get you where you want to be quicker,getting rid of [possible] bad technique problems that slow up progress....Cheers    JACK

Clarinet

jack wiard