Clarinet/Noblet Clarinet

Question
Noblet Clarinet
Noblet Clarinet  
I have a Noblet B flat clarinet that is approximately 40 years old. It is mine (the only owner) and in excellent condition. The only number that I can see on it is: A 48049 . No one in my family wants it--therefore--I would like to sell it. Of course, it is wood and no cracks at all--still plays and has a beautiful tone.

Answer
Hello Suzanne,
Your clarinet serial number belongs to a NOBLET 45 clarinet,manufactured in 1975, so it is 38 years old. The 45 model was the best NOBLET made, and it is regarded as an intermediate grade instrument. If it has been sitting in a closet, not being used for decades, it would probably have issues with leaking pads etc.  If in near perfect condition [overhauled condition] it could sell for as much as $1000.If it needs work, than you might expect $500.-700. for it... I would suggest that you take it to a repairman, just to check it out  and maybe replace a few pads ,if it needs it. That being done, you could advertise it as having 'just been serviced by a repairman,' which would put buyers at ease..There are lots of clarinets on Ebay for sale so you need to present your clarinet in the best  possible.light....Cheers....JACK

Clarinet

jack wiard