Clarinet/Pete Fountain Clarinet

I want to thank you for answering my question first of all, I would attach some pictures of the clarinet but I dont think i can. I watched the video and you play terrific!very nice music. The difference with my clarinet is that it only says on the mouthpiece "k10" "Woodwind Company" and at the bottom there is a plain signature, no logos or extra stuff like on yours. Literally like a plain colorless signature. There is a serial number and it says either "b81034 7117" or "881034 7117". I think its b though. Thank you for your help! If there is anyway I can send you pics let me know. :) There is a guy trying to buy it desperately from me for only 200$. Ill wait till i Know more about it.

Hello Victor,
If your clarinet has a Pete Fountain mouthpiece, the name Pete Fountain would be clearly written on  the mouthpiece.If you find a P.F. mouthpiece, they usually sell for around #250. on EBAY, the same price  as someone wants you to pay for the clarinet...RUN AWAY.   If it is a Pete Fountain clarinet THAT WAS IN HORRIBLE CONDITION, NEEDING PADS ETC, IT WOULD STILL BE WORTH MORE THAN $200.   These are pro level instruments,that when in excellent condition ,sell easily for $1500. and more.....To send photos, you need someone with a digital camera to take very close up photos of the logo and all over the key work, upload it to your computer, and attach it to your email...Maybe you know someone who can do this for you...In the meantime, if there is a music store near you [someone with a clarinet repairman], maybe they could look at the clarinet and access what condition the pads,gold plating etc are in...Cheers   JACK

jack wiard

my 'area of expertise' is traditional jazz...i have had classical training...i am from san francisco,came to australia in 1971 to teach h.s. music...resigned to play full time music in 1975 [to present]

i have played with the graeme bell allstars [25 yrs] ray price quintet [5 yrs], led own groups [20 yrs]..played in all the major australian jazz festivals, played 2 yrs with local symphony most recorded jazz clarinetist in oz [39 recordings]..can be heard on you tube

on committee of clarinet soc. of n.s.w for 7 yrs...[now defunct]

a.a. degree,b.mus degree, secondary teaching credential