Clarinet/pete fountain

Question
Hello jack, I own a leblanc clarinet, gold and black, with pete fountains name at the bottom. Im not using it so im trying to sell it. I do not know what is worth. can you help me ?

Answer
Hello Victor,
You did not include  a serial number, which would have helped with the answer....I do not know if your particular model has any of the extra keys that some of these clarinets have....You do have a model with gold keys, which was one of the  more expensive options on these clarinets......Keep in mind that these clarinets are basically a Dynamic 2 model clarinet, a large bore instrument [.590  size bore]which is capable of a rich big tone]......Leblanc 'souped up' these clarinets with extra keys, gold plating and of course, Pete Fountains' signature on the bell.   These clarinets show up on EBAY only once or twice a year, as do the P.F. mouthpieces that go with them....These clarinets are no longer made, discontinued some years ago...They retailed at around $4,000. when fully optioned with extra keys and gold plating.....When on EBAY,i have seen  them sell from around $1500. t0 $2,500. used.   If I had one to sell in excellent/as new/overhauled condition,I personally would not sell it for less than $4,000. as they are excellent instruments that will not be produced again. You may not get that much,depending on condition, but that is what they are worth in new condition, in my opinion....I happen to own one of these and I like the way it plays better than my Buffet R-13 and Several different pro level SELMERS.       Cheers    JACK          P.S...You can hear the tone of these instruments when played by Pete Fountain...I am using the gold plated version on youtube ,under  the name   'jack wiard trio'..

Clarinet

jack wiard