Clarinet/Buffet Crampon Evette clarinet

Question
Hi Jack.
I have received a Buffet Crampon Evette Clarinet with serial number 153163. The instrument is is in great shape and appears to have been re-padded recently. The pads are White and soft with little to no use. I have looked at this instrument under a magnifying glass and still can not locate the model or any other notations other than the Logos on both the Bell and body.
The logo has Evette inside it with Buffet Crampon below.  Just above the serial number is in-graved Germany. I planned on letting a student use this instrument however, I do not want to set them up for failure if this is not a decent instrument for her to learn on.  Any assistance you can offer would be greatly appreciated.

Kindest regards
Concerned father
Scott

Answer
Hello Scott,
There is a website called  'clarinetperfection.com  that gives much information on clarinets...According to this [very reliable] list, under the EVETTE catergory, you will see that if the clarinet is stamped EVETTE  /made in Germany, then it is really a clarinet made by SHREIBER, [under license to BUFFET].....SHreiber does not seem to publish many serial   numbers...In any case, I once owned  a Shreiber clarinet like yours, and found it to play quite well, an intermediate grade instrument.      Cheers    JACK

Clarinet

jack wiard