Clarinet/clarinet

Question
selmer
selmer  

clarinet
clarinet  
Hi i have 2 clarinets could you tell me the age and approx value thanks,

Henri Selmer Paris L1568
Boosey & Co 22161

Answer
Hello Clair,
The Henri Selmer is from  1932  and the Boosey and Co. from late 1917/early 1918....I assume these are wooden clarinets , you did not specify... .These carinets are around  80 and 90 years old...There is not much of a market for older clarinets...If they are in overhauled condition, they probably play reasonably because they come from pretty good makers...However, they would not be as good as clarinets of today because they have missed out on all the design features that have been added to clarinets to make them better instruments...As to value, in todays  market, you could expect  a few hundred dollars in each case....Cheers    JACK

Clarinet

jack wiard