I have a Buffet Crampon and Cie A Paris International Clarinet.
The serial number is 703696.
It has the original Buffet Crampon zip up carrying case and etc.
It is all in good condition.
What year is it, and the approximate worth?
Steve in South carolina

Hello Steve,
Complete Buffet serial number lists do not seem to be listed...What I did find is that  Buffets starting with the number 600,000 come from 2008,numbers from 619,800  come from 2010, numbers starting with 653800 come from 2012...No model types were given...Is your clarinet new...The high serial number suggests that it is....If it is the R-13 model, you will find prices on the 'net' varying from 2,500 to $4,000, depending on the retailer...Cheers    JACK

jack wiard

my 'area of expertise' is traditional jazz...i have had classical training...i am from san francisco,came to australia in 1971 to teach h.s. music...resigned to play full time music in 1975 [to present]

i have played with the graeme bell allstars [25 yrs] ray price quintet [5 yrs], led own groups [20 yrs]..played in all the major australian jazz festivals, played 2 yrs with local symphony most recorded jazz clarinetist in oz [39 recordings]..can be heard on you tube

on committee of clarinet soc. of n.s.w for 7 yrs...[now defunct]

a.a. degree,b.mus degree, secondary teaching credential