Clarinet/Clarinet for daughter?

Question
My daughter has just started high school (year 7) and has joined the school band at first clarinet. She has been playing for 3-4 years now using a resin beginners clarinet and has mainly taken to playing jazz music although she will be playing other music as part of the schools concert band.

I am looking to buy her an intermediate clarinet and would prefer a wooden instrument for her next step. I am currently considering 2 instruments I have found for sale. A 1949 Selmer N series as well as a 1950's model Noblet Artist. Both of these have a price of $500 and have been serviced. The Selmer comes with a Gregory Smith mouthpiece (purchased in 2006) and BG L2 Tradition ligature.

Would you consider either or both of these instruments as being suitable and am I heading in the right direction for her next instrument?

Kind regards
Craig

Answer
Hello Craig,
Both these instruments are of intermediate standard..Between the  two, I would pick  the Selmer...When/if your daughter upgrades to a pro-level instrument, the Selmer has more name recognition and holds value a little more....Cheers....JACK

Clarinet

jack wiard