Clarinet/Clarinet "Evette" Buffet Crampon Value?

Hi Jack,
i live in Perth WA so I thought you would be best to answer my query.
I inherited a Clarinet, The Evette Buffet Crampon. Its about 20 yrs old, corks are in good condition but the pads need redoing.It does have a Yamaha Y-23 mouthpiece on it but I was told that is what a student may have.
I know nothing about Clarinets except what I was told at the local Music Shop.
Its serial number is; 133537. I don't know if that helps to track its age or quality?
The guy at the music shop said it was a Bakelite Clarinet & was a good one. Would have cost between $800 - $1000. That whoever bought it would not ever have to upgrade because it was one of the better ones.
He said it was worth about AU$200 now but if it was refitted maybe AU$500-$600?. I took it in to Cash Converters and they offered me AU$60. I said no of course!
If you can help in any way I would really appreciate it because I want to sell it to someone who will play it.
Kind Regards Jo

Hello Joanne,
You have the correct information..The EVETTE line from BUFFET is the student line..Yours is not wood so is on the lower end of the student range, though Evette clarinets are regarded as being better quality student clarinets than others....If the clarinet was refurbished [repadded to good working order, it would probably be worth closer to $400. but would be much easier to sell as it could be advertised as 'just repadded,checked and found to be in perfect working order'....You can compare prices on EBAY so you do not set the price to high...The only one not having to upgrade would be a beginner happy to have a student level instrument...Wood clarinets produce better tone...Cash Converters offer is far to low....Cheers   JACK

jack wiard

my 'area of expertise' is traditional jazz...i have had classical training...i am from san francisco,came to australia in 1971 to teach h.s. music...resigned to play full time music in 1975 [to present]

i have played with the graeme bell allstars [25 yrs] ray price quintet [5 yrs], led own groups [20 yrs]..played in all the major australian jazz festivals, played 2 yrs with local symphony most recorded jazz clarinetist in oz [39 recordings]..can be heard on you tube

on committee of clarinet soc. of n.s.w for 7 yrs...[now defunct]

a.a. degree,b.mus degree, secondary teaching credential