Clarinet/Antique Metal Clarinet

Question
QUESTION: I purchased a metal clarinet at an estate sale. I cannot find serial number but I can see the name which is either "Dukont or DUKORL - "Paris France"...can you tell me anything about this item?

ANSWER: Hello Sarah,I could find nothing on the 'net' for this clarinet...I hope you did not pay to much for this clarinet...A good overhaul would cost $300-400, and then it would be worth $200-300.     Cheers    JACK

Clarinet
Clarinet  

Clarinet
Clarinet  
QUESTION: Thank you for all your help. It was so very kind of you to answer so quickly. I am sending photo. I guess it is just a cheap clarinet...or could it be another type of instrument?

Answer
Hello again,
It is just a metal clarinet...If you would like to know more about metal clarinets, there is an excellent website called 'silver clarinet'...Some jazz musicians prefer the sound of these instruments for early traditional jazz band work, as many of the early players used them...Naturally, metal does not readily vibrate as well as wood so the wood clarinet will usually have a richer sound....Unfortunately, there are no websites about how to turn a metal clarinet into an interesting lamp...I have seen a few of those....Cheers    JACK

Clarinet

jack wiard