Clarinet/Le Blanc Bass Clarinet

I have a Le  Blanc Bass Clarinet model 500 serial number 7246, purchased new in about 1963.  I am considering selling it, can you give me an idea of value, its wood.  Also where would I sell it?

Hello Phil,
Leblanc does not have complete serial number lists on the web but the date 1963  seems correct based on other  bass clarinets listed.....Do you remember what you paid for it and was it the top of the line model?...Currently on EBAY, there are not that many bass clarinets listed...:::LEBLANC NOBLET=$1500......$5,500.....AND $3800......Leblanc is a good name, so if your instrument was  the top model in 1963, you could probably get $2000-2500. for it now,the downside for buyers being the 50 year age of the instrument...EBAY may be the fastest/cheapest way to sell and has a large buying audience...The true value of items is often not reached because EBAY buyers are 'bargain hunters' who do not want to pay the real value... If not using EBAY, there is always music instrument listings in your local newspapers, bill board listings at  schools/colleges /univercities with big music programs...Best of luclk with the sale.....Cheers   JACK

jack wiard

my 'area of expertise' is traditional jazz...i have had classical training...i am from san francisco,came to australia in 1971 to teach h.s. music...resigned to play full time music in 1975 [to present]

i have played with the graeme bell allstars [25 yrs] ray price quintet [5 yrs], led own groups [20 yrs]..played in all the major australian jazz festivals, played 2 yrs with local symphony most recorded jazz clarinetist in oz [39 recordings]..can be heard on you tube

on committee of clarinet soc. of n.s.w for 7 yrs...[now defunct]

a.a. degree,b.mus degree, secondary teaching credential