Clarinet/clarinet

Question
hi jack i was given a excelsior sonorous class clarinet made by  
hawkes&son its in good condition with original brown leather case i was hoping u would be able to tell me how old it is as i have looked on line my self and found that it was made between 1910-1930 is that correct and also would u be able to tell me a value on it

thanks

ricky

Answer
Hello Ricky,
You did not say whether this clarinet is made of wood or plastic, but because of the name, I suspect a material other than wood.   As that company is no longer in  the business of clarinet making,the date you found is most likely correct..Because of the age of the instrumeny,you would have a clarinet  worth  around $200. on Ebay.....Cheers    JACK

Clarinet

jack wiard