Clarinet/leblanc clarinet

my father is passed now and he has a leblanc clarinet and it is super old.  It is wood and silver and in pretty good visual shape.  My children played it in grade school and they are in their early forties.  My Father was one of the lucky "7" shot down over France in WWII.  I am sure that's when he got this piece. it has the leblanc emblem and under that it says RAUBER, MONTREUX LAUSANNE

Can you give me any information on this piece?  Maybe a ball park of what it is worth.
Thank you very much,

Hello Candace,
There should be a serial number on the clarinet somewhere..With this imfo, one might be able to find the year  of manufacture....No matter...From what you say , the clarinet is at least from 1941-45, which makes it at least 20 years old...If it was played in grade school [about 30 years ago] and not since then, it would probably have issues of leaking pads etc...On EBAY, SUCH A CLARINET GOES FOR $100-200.   iF overhauled, it would probably get up to $400-600., the negative being the age of the instrument.....Cheers    JACK

jack wiard

my 'area of expertise' is traditional jazz...i have had classical training...i am from san francisco,came to australia in 1971 to teach h.s. music...resigned to play full time music in 1975 [to present]

i have played with the graeme bell allstars [25 yrs] ray price quintet [5 yrs], led own groups [20 yrs]..played in all the major australian jazz festivals, played 2 yrs with local symphony most recorded jazz clarinetist in oz [39 recordings]..can be heard on you tube

on committee of clarinet soc. of n.s.w for 7 yrs...[now defunct]

a.a. degree,b.mus degree, secondary teaching credential