Clarinet/LeBlanc Noblet Clarinet

Question
QUESTION: Hi,

I have a LeBlanc Noblet clarinet, serial #23362. Can you tell me how much it's worth?

Thank you,
Beth

ANSWER: Hello Beth,
Your clarinet is from 1973, and is a NOBLET 45 model...This was the best from Noblet and is considered to be of intermediate standard...As to value, if in new or overhauled condition, no
marks or scoring on the wood, these can sell on Ebay for anywhere from $700- $1200, which I think is a fair price for these instruments...If the clarinet needs work, the price would be much lower....Cheers,    JACK

QUESTION: Jack,

I think you must be mistaken. This is a clarinet that both my sister and I played in band so I know it's almost 50 years old as my sister played it in the mid 1960s. The certificate of warranty says it's a model 40 with serial #23362. It's in its original black case with red velvet lining if that makes any difference. It was overhauled when my daughter used it to play in the band around 1998.

Thanks,
Beth

Answer
Hello Beth,
I find some of my information from a website called Clarinet Perfection.com...You are welcome to look at this ,find the Noblet section, and see the date...I believe the information you just  provided is correct because you are the owner AND KNOW HOW LONG YOU HAVE HAD THE INSTRUMENT...The Noblet 40 and 45  were the 2nd best and best models by this manufacturer...The value estimates I gave still stand, though a little lower because 50 years is  a little old  for clarinets...I have clarinets this old, and they play perfectly because they are perfectly maintained...Cheers   JACK

Clarinet

jack wiard